Friday, November 27, 2009

Why would links on my website work on IE but not on FireFox?

For some reason my links work in internet explorer but not in firefox. my site is here: www.wewuvanimals.com



Why would links on my website work on IE but not on FireFox?windows installer



This actually a very common mistake that is made by not testing with all the major Browsers.



Many folks that make there first web site just take for granted that everyone has Internet Explorer. This is the reason you always test any site you develop with all the major Browsers, I would include Safari, Netscape, Opera.



Don



Why would links on my website work on IE but not on FireFox?microsoft vista internet explorer



That's just how it is. Some browsers don't support certain types of HTML and other code. *shrug* That's one of the many disadvantages to having the wondrous firefox.
it works for me, so that means its just your computer or your firefox. You should just reinstall firefox and see if you can go to the link again
For starters, I commend you on actually checking for compatability.



Now...I am almost positive the reason is that in your CSS you used "position:absolute;" which doesn't render in FireFox. I hate to say it, but you may have to recode/have you site recoded.
Looking at your code there are some non-standard terms in it. These may be MS specific, I avoid non-standard like the plague. Also check that you have no incomplete links, like forgetting a closing %26lt;/a%26gt;, this can have unpredictable results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair