Sunday, November 29, 2009

How can I get Windows Media Player 11 to work on web browsers other than IE?

Right now I'm using the latest version of Opera and whenever I come to a webpage imbedded with a Windows Media Player file it will tell me to upgrade my version of WMP which would really be downgrading for me. If I take that same page and open it in IE the imbedded video will run just fine. Any help is appreciated!



How can I get Windows Media Player 11 to work on web browsers other than IE?internet explorer 7



You can't do more than verify the latest plugin supporting the specific file format has been installed. If you have the latest plugin installed, contact Opera and let them know what the problem is.



BTW - Technically speaking you're not really running the regular WMP in your browser, you just need a plugin installed in your browser that supports WindowsMedia9 -- The codec version is not in step with the Players that have been released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair