Friday, November 27, 2009

Vista default web browser set as Firefox. But my Yahoo mail still opens up in IE when going via mssg

Hi, I've configured Firefox as the default web browser in my new Vista Ultimate system. However, when I try to access Yahoo! mail from Yahoo! messenger or opens links from chat window they still open up in IE. I am unable to find any straight forward solution to this. I've checked the default settings in start menu and it shows Firefox as the default web programme.



Anyone has a clue as to what might be causing this? My Laptop is just a day old so I haven't used it extensively yet to know if this error occurs across other locations.



Thanks in advance for the help! :-)



Vista default web browser set as Firefox. But my Yahoo mail still opens up in IE when going via mssgr.?internet browser



http://www.lifespy.com/2007/windows-tip-...



Vista default web browser set as Firefox. But my Yahoo mail still opens up in IE when going via mssgr.?windows media center internet explorer



ive got a similar problem running xp got firefox but emails on msn messenger open with ie and after literally having the problem for years ive come to the conclusion that you can not change it sorry:(
Unfortunately as MSN Messenger is Microsoft's program, they want you to use their web browser, and so ignore the defaults. I don't know of any way around it directly, but you could try something like Tillian [1] or Pidgin [2] which allows you to log into MSN Messenger and other Instant Messaging accounts, all through one program, and will use your default browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair