Sunday, November 29, 2009

I keep getting adverts popping up on a seperate webpage when I am on IE?

I have McAfee 10 in 1 suite and I also have adware remvoal tool, pop up blocker and firewall. I have tried to block these adverts but they keep appearing. I do not what else to do as I think they have buried themselves somewhere in IE, please Help!!!!!!



I keep getting adverts popping up on a seperate webpage when I am on IE?download ie



You need to download Spybot, update definitions and scan in Safe Mode (explained below).



Your machine is infected. Pop-ups are mostly caused by adware, spyware, and other malicious and unwanted software and using pop-up blocker won't help an infected PC. No single program can detect and eradicate all spyware and I recommend using Ad-aware and Spybot (they are free). Other great free anti-spyware programs would be Super anti-spyware and AVG anti-spyware (formally Ewido).



Running these programs in Safe Mode (tap F8 as the computer boots up and choose to boot to safe mode) can be more effective.



If you do not have an updated anti-virus program always running, you need to get one. Install only one, but you can get AVG, Avast! or AntiVir for free.



I strongly recommend using FireFox, it's a far better and safer alternative to Internet Explorer. If you add-on McAfee SiteAdvisor, it will warn you of potentially harmful sites. I also recommend CCleaner which is a free system optimization and privacy tool.



I keep getting adverts popping up on a seperate webpage when I am on IE?windows media player internet explorer



I went here for help.



http://www.safer-networking.org/en/



Click on forums %26gt; Malware Removal %26gt; Before you Post. Try running the free Kaspersky Online Scanner described in the second message. This will not fix your problem but it will point (a few) of them out. Save the listing.



You could then ask for help, which will take sometime or read a few of the problems other people are having and see if you can solve it yourself.



You will more than likely need HiJackThis also.



Another place to look for help is



http://malwareremoval.com/forum/



Good luck
You can download a free version of SpyBot or Ad-Aware from http://www.download.com . Run the scan and remove the infections.



You can also try switching to Firefox, it is a much better browser in my opinion. (also free)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair