Friday, November 27, 2009

Is there a way to hide your meta tags appearing in the top blue bar of IE?

When someone clicks on my website they can see the search words (meta tags) I use for the web domain in the very top blue bar in IE.



For instance, right now as I am in Yahoo! Answers typing this, in the blue bar at the very top I see "Yahoo! Answers - Get answers, ask questions, find information - Microsoft Internet Explorer"



My website is http://www.TheEnchantedGarden.net



The words "Stained Glass Window Panels Amia Joan Baker Suncatcher Cat" will appear.



I don't want that to show. Is there a way to hide my search tags and have nothing or choose what I want to display in the blue bar while keeping my current meta tags?



Thank you!



Is there a way to hide your meta tags appearing in the top blue bar of IE?windows media



Your keywords are showing because they are part of the TITLE tag on your page. Anything between the %26lt;TITLE%26gt;%26lt;/TITLE%26gt; will appear in the IE browser title bar.



You need to add META tags to your code that you can enter a site description and keywords in. See the link below to read more about META tags.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair