Sunday, November 29, 2009

How can I open files in in my own web directory's _private folder? IE 7 keeps saying I don'

I have been getting around this by downloading all of the website directory's files from the remote web site to my Frontpage directory, but I'm afraid this round about approach could cause some problems. Also I would like to be able to open files in my own _private folder while I am viewing the website online. How can I get the "permission" that IE 7 says I don't have?



How can I open files in in my own web directory's _private folder? IE 7 keeps saying I don't have permissionwindows xp home



It really depends on which web site your trying to access and who your host is.



If you need permission and you're using a ftp://ftp.somewhere.com address, you can still use:



ftp://username:password@ftp.somewhere.co... to login and get permission. Please note that this really isn't a secure way to get access as the username and password are sent in plain text. Use a ftp program instead.



If you've got a http interface to your files, then you'll have to talk to your hosting provider

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair