Friday, November 27, 2009

Is there a way I can create an IE icon on my desktop taking me directly to a site?

Say If my homepage is yahoo, but sometimes I want to go directly to www.google.com



Can I create an icon on my desktop that will open internet explorer and take me directly to google????



HOW???



Is there a way I can create an IE icon on my desktop taking me directly to a site?microsoft project



This is so easy, a CAVE MAN can do it. (and so can you.)



1. Open Internet Explorer



2. Go to that website and go to the FAVORITES menu and pick ADD TO FAVORITES. (skip that, if you have one) CLICK OK.



3. Change the size of your IE window, so you can see a piece pf the desktop behind it



4. Go back to FAVORITES. Use the RIGHT mouse button and DRAG that favorite and DROP it to the Desktop. When you LET GO of the button, pick CREATE SHORTCUT.



Is there a way I can create an IE icon on my desktop taking me directly to a site?microsoft powerpoint internet explorerThank you for the FIVE Stars. To Everyone else, "great answers" Report It


Create a bookmark to the site (add it to your favourites.. then go to the favourites and drag that out and drop it on your desktop... (make sure ur IE browser is not maximised and you can see your desktop)
Go to google.com, then drag the icon in the browser address bar to your desktop.
Yes, it's very easy. You will be creating a shortcut or an HTTP link.



1. Right-click on an open space on the desktop.



2. Select New from the context menu.



3. Select Shortcut.



4. Enter the URL for the site. Ex: http://www.google.com



5. Click OK.



HTH,



Slick
Yes, boot up google.com and when the page is booted up click on file in the left corner of the tool bar go down to send then shortcut to desk top. you will find an icon on the desktop.after that. you could use to get to google directly.
just drag the link to your desktop... you can do it with any link... drag and drop, doesnt get simpler...



drag this to your desktop:



http://www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair